Nā Pua No‘eau
In the Hawaiian Language “Nā Pua" (the flower) refers to the children of Hawai‘i. "No‘eau" refers to the talents offered by the children as they blossom towards self-discovery.
- SUMMER INSTITUTE June 9-22 (Hilo & Mānoa) selection process completed.
- Summer Institute Orientations held May 21-30 on various islands. See calendar for more information.
- SI LOMI acceptance packets were due May 3rd.
- Ho'omalamalama - Hilo (Grades K-5) Summer Applications due by May 31st.
- Kaua'i June 17-23 "Na Mea Paniolo" (Orientation June 7, 2013)
- Contact your island's coordinator for other Local Summer Programs.
- View the Event Calendar for upcoming events!
About Nā Pua No‘eau
Nā Pua No‘eau provides a continuum of program activities and strategies that facilitate a pathway into higher education. The center also provides access to Hawaiian education opportunities for Native Hawaiian students of all ages. Students’ educational programs and activities are connected to career possibilities while strengthening their connection to their Hawaiian culture.
Over the years, Nā Pua No‘eau has been a leader in Hawaiian education - creating an education system that strengthens the academic ability and potential for Native Hawaiian students through research based foundation. Nā Pua No‘eau integrates an instructional model that is congruent with the history, culture and perspective of the Hawaiian people. Nā Pua No‘eau is a pioneer in chafing the paradigm to assure that the success of students and families are strengthened by their connection to culture, family and community.
Summer Institute Orientation (East Hawai'i)
Summer Institute Orientation (West Hawai'i)